Senior Product Designer, HashiCorp Design System, June 2022 - Present
- Plan, execute and document the design of new components, patterns, and elements in Helios; the HashiCorp Enterprise design system.
- Partner with engineers to develop user-friendly and comprehensive component APIs for consistency in design tooling and published Ember and React components.
- Play an advisory and consultative role assisting product designers and engineers in the transition, implementation, and migration to Helios from a legacy design system and isolated local components.
Senior User Experience Designer, Design System & Framework, August 2021 - June 2022
- Stewarding the adoption and implementation of design system principles and best practices to empower designers, developers, and product owners to meet enterprise business goals and evolve the user experience for more than one hundred million cross-platform users.
- Spearheaded a team of experience designers, cross-platform developers, and brand strategists to redefine the T-Mobile design system through foundational exploration, component styling, pattern definition, and design system tooling.
- Shepherded a tool migration from Adobe XD to Figma through the publication of six libraries for consumption by experience designers, contracting agencies, and third-party partners expanding collaboration, increasing consistency, and accelerating time-to-market.
- Managed intake requests for system updates, additions, and broader strategic moves to meet the needs of six integrated design teams operating in a complex agile environment.
Senior User Experience Designer, July 2020 - September 2021
- Collaborated closely with product management, leadership, and engineering in the go-to-market strategy and tactical design execution for a 63% increase in active users for the Jove flagship product; Creative Insights.
- Led the strategy, implementation, and launch of a new set of brand guidelines and a modernized design system.
- Introduced consistent documentation patterns for the Jove design system and in-platform copy documentation, enabling transparent collaboration across teams to boost user retention by 25%.
- Conducted comprehensive user testing and interviews to better understand market needs and user convictions behind marketing strategy and execution, defining the product roadmap.
- Drove creative production and iteration for digital marketing programs focused on new customer acquisition through content production.
Senior Web Designer, November 2018 - July 2020
- Designed and developed end-to-end web solutions to drive sales and evaluate market viability for enterprise clients including Nestlé, Rothy's, and Proctor & Gamble.
- Crafted design and brand systems for use across digital platforms including marketing websites, e-commerce, and mobile applications, resulting in successful product launches and continue 3x growth in conversions.
- Manage projects and teams in a fast-paced environment to deliver high-performing marketing and sales collateral for both clients and internal initiatives.
Visual Designer, November 2017 - November 2018
- Partner with an agile marketing team to execute high-performing marketing creative and brand expression.
- Manage complex client relationships, creative briefing, and hand-off in a rapidly iterating agency environment.
- Management and organization of a small team of designers to handle out-of-the-box tactical projects.
University of Northern Colorado
Bachelor of Music, Jazz Studies & Saxophone Performance
2008 - 2012
- Product & UI Design
- Copywriting and Microcopy
- UX Research & Usability Testing
- Design Systems Management
- Information & Schema Design
- Advanced Prototyping
- Adobe After Effects